Tuesday, June 14, 2011

T minus 5

The days are slipping past and the to-do list is getting shorter. My bags are essentially packed; now we are just re-sorting their contents and tweaking the lists of things in them this way and that. All the meds we are taking have to be split up into categories of now vs. later, carry-on vs. suitcase, etc. I looked up customs regulations for sending some of the meds ahead by parcel to the USA. The US Customs webpage gives the impression that we will have to be prudent about how we do that. We don't want to annoy any of the customs people. We are putting a lot of thought into this aspect, still.

A friend of Razelle's wrote to say that he couldn't access the blog. I thought I fixed that earlier, now I'm not so certain. I tried to troubleshoot this again this evening, but the problem doesn't seem to be solved. How upsetting! It seems that only people using Internet Explorer are having trouble opening my blog. If the problem affects you, then you obviously won't be reading this, and won't know to try some other browser.

Not a whole lot more to report in this entry. Many little loose ends are being tied up and tucked away. I spoke with some friends and relatives this morning in the greater LA area. They will be among the first people we will visit once we reach the mainland (after leaving Hawaii). It was exciting to speak with them in anticipation of meeting them in only a matter of weeks, now.

It won't be long before we fly. We are at T minus 5 days and counting down -- less than a week; hard to imagine.

No comments: