Thursday, June 16, 2011

T minus 3

Everything we're taking is assembled in and around our bags on the living room couch. All we have to do is zip up the luggage and go. And yet we keep reviewing it all and adding little things that it suddenly occurs to us we meant to include and hadn't yet.

I've been going over all the confirmations of all the bookings of rooms, flights and vehicles we've arranged. I'm making a couple sets of hard copies of all of these. I'll have them as well as electronic records of the same so we'll be able to access this information several different ways as we make our way around the world. I'm about to scan our vital documents and records next. I'll also make my email correspondence with addresses and phone numbers accessible, and I'll cull through all my Facebook messages for more of these. I remarked today to Razelle how much time I've spent in front of my computer assembling all the parts of this trip and researching all the aspects I could of the various elements that comprise this fantasy in progress.

I still must pinch myself. Is this adventure really about to happen?  I saw today that flights in Australia are back on schedule as the Chilean ash disperses. If they stay that way then this is good news. We are so close to our date of travel now that I can actually look at the coming week-at-a-glance forecast for Mumbai and know to expect lots and lots of rain -- sometimes heavy, sometimes moderate, sometimes accompanied by thunder and lightning. I also saw that freezing temperatures and light snowfall were forecast today for Canberra, Australia.

That's what lies ahead for us, if all goes well.

Maayan and Noga are here for the weekend and Shalev let me know he will also be here. We'll all be together in one place this last weekend before Razelle and I fly. That's such a nice touch!

No comments: