Wednesday, June 15, 2011

T minus 4

Drum role please . . .

The suspense is building. The to-do list has been reduced even further today to a handful of miscellaneous items. I signed my cellphone up for an international calling package with our local service provider and asked a lot of questions about aspects of the other related calling and surfing packages they offer. I can arrange for these myself over the Internet at the last minute and even after we've begun travelling. Very convenient. In the past we had to spend time at a customer service location, take a number and kill a chunk of time waiting our turn. It is so much easier, now.

I saw in the news that the Chilean volcanic ash cloud is now affecting Perth Airport. We are scheduled to land there in 11 days. I checked out the Qantas Airlines webpage to see what their policy is. They state their terms on their website for rerouting, rescheduling and refunding. I hope none of these three R's is necessary. We'll have to follow this closely.

We may be in for a bumpy ride.

A key contact person in Mumbai I've been trying to communicate with still hasn't gotten back to us. I will phone her tomorrow in hopes of arranging some meaningful sightseeing the only day we have available for it in Mumbai. Otherwise, we will just have to patch something together ourselves . . .

Once we clear the gate at Ben Gurion Airport on Sunday the rest of the world will be ahead of us. We hope it all works out according to plan. But if it doesn't, what comes next is not entirely ours to control. That's what will make this an adventure. In essence, the adventure has already begun.

Drum roll, please . . .

No comments: