Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's June

Well, now it's June and it truly looks like we will be doing this. Now that it's June a mental corner has been turned and what was guarded optimism or at times no optimism at all during May has become unreserved optimism now. Today I visited the doctor and he wrote up the prescriptions, which I then submitted along with a copy of our plane ticket to the head pharmacist. She said that we should come back on June 6 to get our meds. She didn't add, "If this is approved." By that omission I surmise that approval is a given thing. See, optimism is coloring  my expectations now -- Because it's June.

I visited our good friends Ben and Bat Sheva this evening. Bat Sheva is from India and Ben is from Australia. They have been very helpful; they have provided us with useful information and descriptions of what we will find when we reach those places. This evening Bat Sheva invited me over to meet a friend of hers who is visiting from Mumbai. I had the opportunity to ask her friend as many questions as I wanted about the little things we might need to know for the short time we are in Mumbai. This was a special evening; a serendipitous occasion. I now have a contact person from Mumbai (who will be back there by the time we arrive) who may be able to help us if our other contact people don't come through for us. I intend to maintain contact with this gracious woman.

A number of people have told me that they are not able to open this blog. If you are able to read this and have any idea why others can't or if you have any idea what I need to do to make it possible for them to read it, please offer your suggestions. If I see a response to this, at least I'll know that I'm not the only person reading my blog. If you're not able to read this then you obviously won't be responding.

1 comment:

BrendaW said...

Hi. I. Can read it fine on my iPhone.